UNIT 3: “A Wrinkle in Time” By: Madeleine L’Engle
Objectives: By the end of this unit, the student will be able to:
- Determine what makes science fiction believable.
- Write informative/explanatory texts to examine a topic and convey ideas though the selection, organization and analysis of relevant content.
- Determine two or more central ideas in a text and analyze their development over the course of the text; provide an objective summary.
- Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text including figurative and connotative meanings.
- ephemeral, preliminaries, tangible, assimilate, antagonistic, tractable, diction, prodigious, wraithlike, relinquish
- aberration, dwindle, myopic, obliquely, perturbed, precipitously, reverberate, sadist, wheedle, serenely
- brusquely, distraught, emanate, impenetrable, omnipotent, translucent, transparent, trepidation, vacant, insolent